The primary mission of the Jamaican Consulate General is the promotion and protection of the interest and welfare of Jamaicans visiting and residing in the Southern United States. The Consulate also provides consular services and guidance to persons seeking to visit the island of Jamaica for scholarly, charitable or vacation-related purposes. In this regard, we remain committed to delivering courteous and efficient service to all our customers and are honored to have the opportunity to facilitate you.
|Cayman Islands||North Carolina||Tennessee|
Services Offered by the Consulate
- Passport applications for Jamaican Citizens;
- Issuance of emergency certificates (EC's) for urgent travel;
- Processing and issuance of visas and other relevant documents to foreigners visiting Jamaica;
- Authentication and legalization of documents;
- Safeguarding the interests of Jamaican minors and nationals, particularly in matters of guardianship and trusteeship (estate matters);
- Facilitate the processing of pension benefits for Jamaican nationals residing in the United States;
- Protection of the welfare of incarcerated nationals;
- Provision of information regarding regulatory requirements for Returning Residents;
- Processing of applications for Jamaican citizenship;
- Jamaica Information Service (JIS) providing information regarding Jamaica's culture, history, and national heritage for educational projects and research purposes;
- Promotion of commerce and trade interests between Jamaica and the Southern United States.